To stay at the Mutt Hut, dogs must be:
- Three months of age or older
- Friendly, generally social, and non-aggressive with people and other dogs
- In good health, free of ticks and fleas, and on a preventative medication
Vet records with proof of vaccinations from a licensed veterinarian are required prior to admission. We will not accept any pets for boarding or daycare without records. The records must indicate that the dog has been vaccinated for the following:
- Bordatella. . . This vaccine protects against Kennel Cough.
NOTE: Bordatella must be given a minimum of 3 days prior to boarding or daycare.
- All pets must be in good general health to board or participate in day-care at K’s Mutt Hut.
- No pets exhibiting signs of an illness, contagious viruses, etc. will be admitted.
- No dog will be admitted for any activity during heat cycle.
- Any pet known to have been exposed to a contagious virus must wait 30 days or until clearance from a DVM is given before coming to K’s Mutt Hut for any service.
Violation of this policy is a serious offense that puts other dogs at risk. Therefore, any pet owner who brings a pet to K’s Mutt Hut in violation of this policy shall be liable for all actual damages, which shall include, but not be limited to, veterinary care for all exposed dogs and loss of revenue and other direct expenses to K’s Mutt Hut.
In the case of an abandoned pet, K’s Mutt Hut will comply with Chapter 70 of the Texas State Property Code.
IF YOU THINK YOUR DOG MAY HAVE BEEN EXPOSED TO ANY CONTAGIOUS VIRUS OR THAT HE/SHE IS NOT FEELING WELL, HAVE YOUR DOG CHECKED BY A DVM BEFORE BRINGING THEM TO K’S MUTT HUT. BRING A WRITTEN DOCUMENT FROM YOUR DVM GIVING CLEARANCE FOR YOUR DOG TO ATTEND ACTIVITIES.